Not many of us are aware that collagen is the protein that helps in the production and repair of skin cells. When, for any reason, collagen formation is reduced, it seriously damages the skin’s texture. The result? Old wrinkled saggy skin that looks equally scarred and dry. The best ways to tackle this problem are collagen boosting skin treatments that we have explained below.
Read through until the very end to decide whether or not you’re a suitable candidate for these treatments and which of these techniques will benefit you the most.
- IPL Treatment
IPL is intense pulsed laser treatment where the skin cells are exposed to broadband light that has the power to trigger collagen formation. Once the collagen increases, it naturally reduces uneven brown and red spots while diminishing the appearance of adamant wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes and the corners of the lips.
- Fair to medium brown skin tones. This procedure is ineffective for the black complexion.
- Untanned skin since, if done on tanned skin, the procedure may result in discoloration, burning, and blistering.
Therefore, make sure you follow all the instructions as given by highly esteemed dermatologists at clinics like the Clinique Anti Aging Montreal clinic.
- RF Microneedling
This particular treatment uses radio intensity frequencies to penetrate inside the deepest layer of the skin – dermis. Once the light hits the dermis, it starts the collagen formation process that gives the skin a youthful appearance.
A couple of details that you must know about this procedure are compiled below. Have a look!
- Since it involves penetrating many microneedles in the skin, it’s a semi-invasive procedure. So, do expect some kind of discomfort that can, though, be dealt with the help of topical creams to a very large extent.
- It requires minimum 4-5 sittings for the results to appear.
- Each session usually lasts for about 45 minutes.
- The number of sittings may increase if your skin is severely wrinkled, scarred, and saggy.
- You’ll have to come for a follow up booster sitting once every 12-18 months for the results to last.
- This treatment is for all skin tones. It doesn’t matter whether your skin is black, brown, or light, the procedure is equally effective for all skin types.
That said, some other anti-aging collagen triggering treatments that you can consider include:
- Platelet rich plasma (PRP) treatment.
- LED Phototherapy.
Want to know more about these procedures? Then, do visit the clinique Anti Aging website.