Mounting your PC or work monitor on the wall is the smartest way of freeing up some desk space. The good news is you can find all sorts monitor mounts in the market. Some of these products even allow you to mount two more screens at the same time. The cost of a mount depends on many factors, but you can check for advanced PrimeCables monitor wall mounts for as low as $50. In this post, we are sharing more on what it takes to buy a monitor wall mount.
- Look for VESA compliance. VESA (Video Electronics Standards Association) sets the standard for hole patterns, and you need to check if your mount is VESA compliant in the first place. According to that, you need to find a mount that is also VESA compliant. Apple monitors or iMacs are usually not VESA compliant.
- Consider number of monitors. It is wise to check if you want to use more than one monitor at a time. Mounts can hold many screens, but go for one that works best for your work and personal needs. Dual arm wall mounts usually tend to be expensive but are worth the price.
- Weight capacity. When you check for monitor wall mounts, do check the size of screen it can hold and weight capacity. The last thing you would want is to have a broken monitor because the arm couldn’t support the weight.
- Monitor configuration is important. Some mounts allow holding two monitors horizontally or side by side, while others allow vertical alignment. Consider how you would you want the monitors to be placed, so that you can work productively.
- Budget. While pricing is something that matters for many buyers, it makes sense to go for a durable monitor wall mount that can last for years to come. Durability and strength are factors that do matter for buying, so spending a tad more on a slightly better arm is never a bad idea.
Check online stores to find more on monitor wall mounts and make sure that you have checked the reviews of each product. Do make sure that the product is worth the hype and will hold your monitor securely. If you can move the monitor sidewise and to the back and front, it is always an added advantage. Shortlist a few wall amounts now to select the perfect one for your monitor(s).