Bali is one of the most preferred international destinations in India. Easy access and affordable costs have made it a popular tourist destination for people around the globe too. Pristine beaches and a rich culture welcome people with open arms and offer them a memory of a lifetime. If you have been thinking of taking a vacation to Bali, then you must consider buying a travel insurance Bali plan.
Understanding Travel Insurance
When you travel, you need to be prepared for unplanned problems like lost or stolen baggage, cancelled or delayed flights, accidents, etc. While people used to budget for such mishaps earlier, travel insurance policies have made it easier and cost-efficient to handle many such travel-related costs.
When you buy a travel policy, the insurer offers coverage for most travel-related emergencies. These include medical emergencies like illness, injuries due to an accident, etc. It also includes non-medical emergencies like the loss of baggage, passport, etc.
Importance of Travel Insurance Plan for Bali
Bali offers a plethora of experiences to travellers. It is known as the best place for adventure seekers, especially for those interested in water sports. Additionally, Bali is well-known for the variety of flora and fauna that abounds the region. There are trekking options and a host of activities that you can participate in based on your interests. Most people visiting Bali partake in many such activities.
While adventure activities can be thrilling and fun, they also carry a risk of accidents or injuries. Youngsters tend to rent two-wheelers to get around the island. This exposes them to the risk of a road accident. Keeping these aspects in mind, it is advisable for you to buy travel insurance for Bali from India.
Benefits of Buying a Travel Insurance Bali Plan
Now that you know the answer to the question: do I need travel insurance for Bali? Let’s get into the benefits:
- Since the insurance company covers the costs of any emergency (medical and non-medical), you can enjoy your trip without worrying about it.
- A medical emergency usually demands immediate attention from a medical professional. Also, in holiday destinations like Bali, the cost of medical care can be high. If you have a travel insurance policy, the insurer assists you in getting immediate medical attention and reimburses the cost of the treatment (subject to the sum insured and limitations of the policy)
- There have been instances where people participating in adventure sports have met with an accident and suffered from permanent disability or death. In such cases, the insurance company offers adequate compensation.
- Travel Insurance Bali plans also offer coverage for a range of other exigencies like baggage insurance, trip cancellation cover for any reason, etc.
- Reputed insurers offering Bali-centric travel insurance plans offer a cashless facility making it easier to manage emergencies in a foreign country.
- Insurers offer the sum insured based on the destination country. They factor in a lot of aspects to offer a plan that takes care of emergencies with ease.
Things to Know Before You Visit Bali
- As an Indian, if you are travelling to Bali for 30 days or less, then you do not need a visa.
- If you face a medical ailment while in Bali that is not urgent and the treatment can wait until to get back, then the insurer might not honour your claim. So make sure that you check with the insurer beforehand.
- Usually, travel insurance policies do not cover dental treatments unless the problems are caused by accident.
- There is only one airport in Bali – Ngurah Rai (DPS). However, you can reach the island via other airports in Indonesia like CGK in Jakarta, KNO in Medan, BTH in Batam, and SUB in Surabaya.
- The Indian Embassy is in Jakarta and can be reached at +62 21 2522299 or [email protected]
Bali is undeniably a must-visit destination from India. It has a rich culture, tradition, amazing sculptures, a huge variety of flora and fauna, and a developed tourism ecosystem that is designed to offer one of the best travel memories of your life. However, before you start planning, think about getting a travel insurance Bali policy, as it can help you during emergencies while on your trip. Remember to compare insurers and plans and choose the one that suits your requirements. Good Luck!