Are virtual and hybrid events the future?
In the wake of Covid-19, we’ve been compelled to make changes in the manner in which do business and live our lives. Virtual events have replaced live events, and zoom meetings have replaced conference meetings. This disruption has affected many industries but event management remains the most prominent one.
Although the pandemic has cost us freedom of enjoyment, we’ve gained something!
An opportunity to include groups that might not have had access to events. Virtual event management companies now have the opportunity to reach a much larger audience.
Virtual event management agencies can help people who might otherwise be unable to travel or attend face-to-face events to participate fully.
According to a report:
- 40% of people forecast that events will be virtual in the future.
- 36% believe physical events will be back.
- 24% expect hybrid events.
How beneficial are virtual events?
- You no longer need to travel, wait in a long line at security, or go through a checkpoint at the airport. Log in from wherever you are and participate in the event from your home or office.
- Virtual events let you connect with large groups of people who may be unable to meet you in real life.
- They are also an excellent way for smaller groups to connect virtually in an intimate setting.
- They allow busy professionals to meet with clients without traveling or sacrificing their schedules.
Virtual event production companies in Sydney can help businesses achieve the best of both worlds.
The way ahead
Recent research suggests that 92% of companies continued hosting virtual events even after physical events resumed. As we move into a new era of normalcy, it’s important to remember that virtual events are here to stay and are not merely a stop-gap arrangement.
But even virtual events have their cons – Virtual fatigue. Virtual fatigue is a severe problem exacerbated by the need for face-to-face communication. While virtual tools can help reach out to more people and keep an event organised, they can’t replace the value of personal connection. That’s why hybrid events are a better solution since they offer the best of both worlds.
Hybrid events involve being present, having meaningful interactions with people in real-time, and having fun with technology. Companies like Meta are attempting to bring the concept of metaverse into the hybrid events model. As VR continues to improve, virtual event management companies will look to experiment with custom avatars and high interactivity for their virtual attendees.
In the coming years, hybrid events will only get more prominent as technology continues to change our lives in new ways.
As we move into this uncertain future where digitalization is increasingly becoming an integral part of our lives, we must remember that there’s nothing wrong with being different.
It can be beneficial for your business when done right.
Hiring a virtual event production company in Melbourne will help you leverage virtual events to bring people together, especially if those gatherings are focused on networking or creating impact through your business.